The Mares Ruby!

Well as you can see on this picture, this is the ruby of my Mares first stage...I was doing a dive at 70 meters when it failed...regulator went free flowing and I could abort the dive without problems. It is supposed to be one of the best regulators in the world, for his resistance, I received some really stupid answers regarding this problem from Mares, here you will find one of there letters:
The poppet seat was dirty...
I should make a revision with a professional (what he did not know is that I am also a Mares Technician regulator service agent)
I have been droping a key on the Ruby while I was doing the maintenance... and so on.
Hey guys you are really unprofessional you know...and what was you solution is to change my Mares ruby into a conventional Mares MR22 which will cost me 13 euro! cool guys I paid this regulator 850 CHF and now I have one that cost 600 CHF franks and thats only what you could give me as a solution...you did not even worry about what could have been happening to me. Sorry but Mares is history for me and I will opt from now on only Apex at least they have a good customer service if I get a problem, which probably will never happen...Bye Bye MAres!!!! Posted by Picasa

Comments